BEST CLIP CONTEST
Whistler BC • April 7-16, 2017
Want to win a quick $500? Between Friday, April 7th - Monday, April 10th, grab a friend and film your best ski or snowboard trick(s). Max 6 seconds, bails welcome. The clip must be one consecutive shot (no cuts/edits), but you can submit up to 2 of them. Use your phone or whatever you have have to capture the magic, providing it shoots 1080p. Standout submissions will be edited together and played on the big screens at this year’s Intersection on Friday, April 14th during the World Ski & Snowboard Festival. One rider will be chosen as Best Clip based on the judges’ overall impression and take home $500 cash.
EASY TO GET INVOLVED:
1) Register at the top of the Terrain Park on either Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain from Friday, April 7th through Monday, April 10th between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
2) Sign a waiver.
3) Pick up your distinctive band (must be visible in the clip).
4) Submit your max 6 second clip that evening to watermarkwhistler.wetransfer.com.
(Details to include in WeTransfer message: Full Rider Name / Phone Number / Email Address / Instagram Handle)
5) The standout clips will then be edited together and shown in front of an audience of 1,500 people during Intersection at the Whistler Conference Centre, where one rider will be chosen as this year’s Best Clip.
The audience will have their say after the event on April 14th by following @kingsnowmag and @forecastski and liking the top clips to determine who wins the People’s Choice Award. The clip that receives the most likes before 11 p.m. on Monday, April 17th will win. The People's Choice snowboarder will score a K2 Ultra Dream snowboard and a pair of Oakley Flight Deck goggles and Latch sunglasses, while the People's Choice skier will take home a pair of K2 Poacher’s and Oakley Flight Deck goggles and Latch sunglasses
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
* Note that your tricks can be filmed anywhere on snow, and that registration is mandatory to compete. Clips must be submitted no later than 11 p.m. on Monday, April 10th, and must be filmed horizontally at 1080p x 1920p.
Live at the Festival
- Grab your oxygen mask and mark your calendars - registration opens on March 1 for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extre… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 h
- Calling all action sport photographers! Wild Card entries are now open for the Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown. S… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Feb 19
- Want to find out what's hot, new, and making a comeback at #WSSF 2018? Check out our latest blog post:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Feb 19
- Have you got a filmmakers artistic vision? Love to shred? Like the idea of 1,500+ people cheering for you? Wouldn't… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Feb 18
- Do you know someone who should have their work on the big screen?Intersection will once again see action sport film… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Feb 18