Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme presented by Kokanee
Whistler BC • April 10-15, 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018 / Saturday, April 14, 2018*
The stuff of legend and lore. The 16th edition of the world’s steepest ski race, the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme, is coming to WSSF 2018 after a more than 15 year hiatus. The race, which started back in 1987, is set to be a festival highlight in 2018, bringing out the legends of ski racing, big mountain pros, and a healthy dose of amateur skiers who aren’t afraid to charge.
Location of start/finish areas and spectator areas: The Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme course runs from the top of the Saudan Couloir on Blackcomb Mountain and finishes at Glacier Creek Lodge. The Kokanee Couloir Extreme spectator zone with by-the-minute race information will be open outside the Rendevous Lodge on an extended patio, complete with a great view of the race course, BBQ and bar. The Glacier Creek Lodge patio provides a perfect location to view the finish area of the race.
How to access (ski/snowboard, which lifts, drive, walk):
The Kokanee Couloir Extreme spectator zone can be reached on skis or snowboard, and sightseers on foot can reach the spectator zone by purchasing a sightseeing lift ticket and travelling up the Whistler Village Gondola and over to Blackcomb via the Peak 2 Peak Gondola.
Public F&B Services:
In addition to the outdoor BBQ and bar, the Rendevouz Lodge and Glacier Creek Lodge have a full menu of food and beverage services for spectators.
Open times or event schedule:
The first competitor will drop into the Saudan Couloir at 11:00am on Saturday, April 14. Please note that this is weather dependent and the race time and date are subject to change.
EVENT INFORMATION & RULES
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14