Whistler BC • April 10-15, 2018
Friday, April 13, 2018
Whistler Conference Centre
Doors: 8:30pm / Show: 9:30pm
Intersection will once again push some chosen crews of the world’s artistic snow sports visionaries to their limits as they work to shoot, produce and edit a 5-7 minute ski/snowboard film in just 7 days. The result? Stunning artistic vision, impressive execution and a whole lot of shredding. All footage is required to come from within 100km of Whistler with 75% on-snow and contain 30 seconds of both park footage and in-bound WB terrain, making it a visual love letter to this inspiring world-class destination for snow sports and culture.
Grab your tickets for this not-to-be-missed event and soak up all the action as film crews share their films with a packed house, and see who walks away with the grand prize.
2018 FILM CREWS:
Andrew Santos Media
Andrew picked up a camera in 2009 filming YouTube videos of his friends during high school snowboarding trips in Whistler. Those school trips - with camera in tow - launched him into a career of filmmaking. Almost a decade later, Andrew is now living his dream in Whistler, ready to return to the roots of what started his career. With a wealth of experience in the action sport and travel industries, Andrew approaches his work with creativity and humour. He's returning to Intersection after taking home the People’s Choice in 2016.
Three R's, one Z. These idiots are loading up their trucks and miraculously making the trip to Whistler all the way from their roots of Fernie in eastern BC. Prepare yourself for their film as they send, slam, and stuck their way around the Whistler backcountry.
We’re the Cariboo Blondes. A pack of rad girls out of the interior of B.C. known for slaying big lines and not giving a heck.
Gapers Gone Wild
GGW, over the years, has been a fluid name used by a bunch of different people across Canada to brand their skiing—and most recently, the honour of having once received a cease & desist letter from a bankrupt porn company. The weeklong gong-show that is WSSF Intersection consisted of some of the best moments of our season in 2017, from hucking frisbees all over Whistler, to hucking our meat off jumps and cliffs into all kinds of snow. We’re looking forward to another outrageous week of late nights and early mornings punctuated by the kind of shit-eating grins you’ll only ever see on skiers and snowboarders at the end of a great run.
Group of local bred boarders from the Sea to Sky.
RK films is an independent film company based in Whistler. Director Ryan Kenny brings a cinematic storytelling to action sports.
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14