Olympus 72hr Filmmaker Showdown
Whistler BC • April 10-15, 2018
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Whistler Conference Centre
Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
The creative playing field is leveled at Whistler’s annual OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown. Post-production trickery, exotic locations, superstar talent and big budget advantages are made irrelevant when filmmakers are tasked to shoot, edit and produce a 3-5 minute short film within 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. Relying purely on originality, craft, speed and endurance, the OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown distills the art of film-making into its purest form – taking creative vision from concept to reality in record time in order for it to be enjoyed on the big screens by an audience of 1500+.
One winner, Best of Show, will be chosen by an expert panel of judges to reap the rewards this exposure will result in and unlimited bragging rights.
Interested Filmmakers: Click here!
Please note, the Olympus 72hr Filmmaker Showdown is open to all ages. Some shows may include adult humour and a small amount of profanity. Please attend at your own discretion.
Official Olympus 72hr Filmmaker Showdown After-party at Buffalo Bill's!
Subject to capacity.
Live at the Festival
- The legendary Sylvain Saudan was in Whistler last week as athletes took to the course that bears his name for the f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 h
- One of our favourite piccies from the festival - when the sun started to set during the Snowboard Big Air and Olymp… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 h
- Last week over 90 snowboarders competed in the @MonsterEnergy Boarderstyle World Championship finals. We've got a r… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- Need a morning chuckle? Check out the @TwistedTea Slush Cup recap video on our FB/YouTube page - chuckles guarantee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- After the ski action wrapped up at the Big Air last Friday night it was over to @ATribeCalledRed who continued to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 18