Intersection Expression of Interest
$10,000 CASH IS UP FOR GRABS!
Friday, April 13, 2018
Whistler Conference Centre
Doors: 8:30pm / Show: 9:30pm
This is the ultimate event. Now in its seventh year, Intersection will once again see action sport filmmaking pushed to its limits.
Up to 6 spots are up for grabs, and the chosen crews will each put together a 5 - 7 minute ski/snowboard film, unique to this competition, that incorporates artistic vision and a whole lot of shredding. The challenge: teams only have 7 days to shoot, edit and produce the film. It must be shot within 100kms of Whistler, each film must contain 30 seconds of park footage and 30 seconds of WB in-bound terrain.
Teams will battle it out for the grand prize of $10,000. A 1500+ strong audience will pack the Whistler Conference Centre on Friday, April 14 eager to catch the showdown on the big screens and witness who will be crowned Best of Show. Films will be judged on both filmmaking and skiing/snowboarding ability. Each runner up crew will receive $1,000 for participating.
The competition (7 days of filming/shooting/editing) will take in March. Exact dates to be confirmed based on weather and crew availability.
For more details and full Rules & Regulations, see below.
Please note: Intersection submissions will be shown exclusively to ticket holders and will not be released online by WSSF, unless approved by the crew, in sensitivity to the release dates of their other projects.
Continue the progression of this ground breaking creative vein of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and thrill the crowd with an unforgettable evening of athletic and artistic collaboration.
FILM CREWS! Please email Jaime Kerrigan: firstname.lastname@example.org with an Expression of Interest if you are considering participating in Intersection this year, no later than Tuesday, February 20th. To be eligible for consideration, Expressions of Interest must include: samples of previous film projects, crew name & short bio, crew logo and sample list of riders. Final teams will be officially announced by early March.
Jaime Kerrigan —Multimedia Events Director
Tel: 604.907.2929 Email: email@example.com
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14