State of the ART Submission
ARTIST CALL FOR ENTRIES
The producers of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival are calling for artist submissions for consideration at State of the ART 2017 - an exhibition of contemporary art linking the artistic and design world with the action sports industry and urban mountain culture.
Over the past 11 years, the Festival’s visual arts showcase has introduced underexposed artists to a host of unlikely art appreciators. Showcasing over 50 artists and approximately 1,000 pieces of art across a wide range of mediums, State of the ART invites visitors experience the backcountry of the art world. Guests experience the intimate sub-culture of lifestyle action sports that attract cult devotion and life-long dedication – a culture of people dedicating to freedom of expression and living their art.
The 10,000 square foot State of the ART gallery space is open to the public, free of charge, throughout the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in addition to serving as the foyer for the Festival’s sold-out after-dark cultural events. In addition to being able to purchase the original art on display, there will also be an Art Shop to buy prints and other items. More than 15,000 art and sport enthusiasts will be exposed to the art from April 7 – 16, 2017.
Please note: State of the ART will take a 50% commission on all sales of showcased artwork. There is no submission fee.
A 6-person jury (artists, photographers, graphic designers, etc.) will consider all submissions and the selected artists will be notified by email by no later than midnight March 5, 2017.
State of the ART Opening Party
April 7th, 2017 8pm
Free public event
Live at the Festival
- See a love of surfing and woodworking magically combine with Pemberton artist Andrew Lambrecht at State of the ART… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 h
- Gear-envy no more at #WSSF2017 's Demo park! bit.ly/2mVSVDe 16 h
- Who doesn’t love dancing to their favourite tunes with a mountain view? #GoGetIt #WSSF2017 pic.twitter.com/Ak97VMNwiN 18 h
- The @KokaneeBeer Freeride Series will have you partying all.night.long! Check out who's playing -> bit.ly/1RdW1gM #Kokaneefreeride 19 h
- Skiers/Riders! Best Clip Contest is BACK. Film your best trick(s) btw. April 7-10 for a chance to win a $500! Info:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 h