State of the ART Submission
ARTIST CALL FOR ENTRIES
The producers of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival are calling for artist submissions for consideration at State of the ART 2017 - an exhibition of contemporary art linking the artistic and design world with the action sports industry and urban mountain culture.
Over the past 11 years, the Festival’s visual arts showcase has introduced underexposed artists to a host of unlikely art appreciators. Showcasing over 50 artists and approximately 1,000 pieces of art across a wide range of mediums, State of the ART invites visitors experience the backcountry of the art world. Guests experience the intimate sub-culture of lifestyle action sports that attract cult devotion and life-long dedication – a culture of people dedicating to freedom of expression and living their art.
The 10,000 square foot State of the ART gallery space is open to the public, free of charge, throughout the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in addition to serving as the foyer for the Festival’s sold-out after-dark cultural events. In addition to being able to purchase the original art on display, there will also be an Art Shop to buy prints and other items. More than 15,000 art and sport enthusiasts will be exposed to the art from April 7 – 16, 2017.
Please note: State of the ART will take a 50% commission on all sales of showcased artwork. There is no submission fee.
A 6-person jury (artists, photographers, graphic designers, etc.) will consider all submissions and the selected artists will be notified by email by no later than midnight March 5, 2017.
State of the ART Opening Party
April 7th, 2017 8pm
Free public event
Live at the Festival
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Feast on some big laughs at this years Comedy Kitchen! bit.ly/2fj9UP8 #LittleThingsWhistler #Cornucopia2017 ht… Oct 12
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Tickets are on sale for Whistler's epicurean festival of the Fall! bit.ly/1i8NRBa pic.twitter.com/GPsh9QETa7 Oct 06
- RT @Fidomobile: We had the best time @WSSF thanks to all these amazing Go Getters! #WSSF2017 #GoGetIt pic.twitter.com/zGc9L67JCG May 03
- This year's WSSF was definitely the best one yet! So we decided to compile a bunch of our favourite moments… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… Apr 20
- RT @GoWhistler: Just a few of our favourite @wssf Slush Cup moments... (There were so many!) Photo: @JustaJeskova #WSSF2017 https://t.co/07… Apr 18