State of the ART Submission
ARTIST CALL FOR ENTRIES
The producers of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival are calling for artist submissions for consideration at State of the ART 2017 - an exhibition of contemporary art linking the artistic and design world with the action sports industry and urban mountain culture.
Over the past 11 years, the Festival’s visual arts showcase has introduced underexposed artists to a host of unlikely art appreciators. Showcasing over 50 artists and approximately 1,000 pieces of art across a wide range of mediums, State of the ART invites visitors experience the backcountry of the art world. Guests experience the intimate sub-culture of lifestyle action sports that attract cult devotion and life-long dedication – a culture of people dedicating to freedom of expression and living their art.
The 10,000 square foot State of the ART gallery space is open to the public, free of charge, throughout the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in addition to serving as the foyer for the Festival’s sold-out after-dark cultural events. In addition to being able to purchase the original art on display, there will also be an Art Shop to buy prints and other items. More than 15,000 art and sport enthusiasts will be exposed to the art from April 7 – 16, 2017.
Please note: State of the ART will take a 50% commission on all sales of showcased artwork. There is no submission fee.
A 6-person jury (artists, photographers, graphic designers, etc.) will consider all submissions and the selected artists will be notified by email by no later than midnight March 5, 2017.
State of the ART Opening Party
April 7th, 2017 8pm
Free public event
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14