Wednesday, April 11
Swatch Art+SoulTickets: FREE
Location: Whistler Conference Centre
Details: SWATCH ART+Soul continues the opportunity for local artists to share their work with the community and festival-goers from around the world. The show exposes the underbelly of mountain culture, going beyond landscapes and wildlife. Multiple mediums and dimensions, the art encompasses everything from canvas to skateboards. Creativity inspired by nature and sport goes beyond boundaries and into an out-of-bounds explosion of artistic expression for all to enjoy.
WSSF Après: Monster Energy present Skiitour, Neon Steve and Case of the MondaysTickets: FREE
Time: 2-7 p.m.
Olympus 72hr FilmmakerTickets: $30 - wssf.com
Time: Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
Location: Whistler Conference Centre w/ Official After-Party at Buffalo Bill's
Details: The creative playing field is leveled at Whistler’s annual OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown. Post-production trickery, exotic locations, superstar talent and big budget advantages are made irrelevant when filmmakers are tasked to shoot, edit and produce a 3-5 minute short film within 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. Relying purely on originality, craft, speed and endurance, the OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown distills the art of film-making into its purest form – taking creative vision from concept to reality in record time in order for it to be enjoyed on the big screens by an audience of 1500+.
Kokanee Freeride Club Series: Miami HorrorTickets: FREE
Time: Doors at 9 p.m.
Details: Miami Horror (DJ Set) mix dance-pop and progressive rock artists from the 70’s & 80’s, adding a modern house spin to get their unique indietronica sound that fills the dance floor. A little house, a little disco, a lot of awesome.
NEXT DAY -->
Live at the Festival
- The legendary Sylvain Saudan was in Whistler last week as athletes took to the course that bears his name for the f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 h
- One of our favourite piccies from the festival - when the sun started to set during the Snowboard Big Air and Olymp… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 h
- Last week over 90 snowboarders competed in the @MonsterEnergy Boarderstyle World Championship finals. We've got a r… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- Need a morning chuckle? Check out the @TwistedTea Slush Cup recap video on our FB/YouTube page - chuckles guarantee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- After the ski action wrapped up at the Big Air last Friday night it was over to @ATribeCalledRed who continued to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 18