Thursday, April 12
Swatch Art+SoulTickets: FREE
Location: Whistler Conference Centre
Details: SWATCH ART+Soul continues the opportunity for local artists to share their work with the community and festival-goers from around the world. The show exposes the underbelly of mountain culture, going beyond landscapes and wildlife. Multiple mediums and dimensions, the art encompasses everything from canvas to skateboards. Creativity inspired by nature and sport goes beyond boundaries and into an out-of-bounds explosion of artistic expression for all to enjoy.
Quarter Pipe Shred Session
12 - 2pm @ Blackcomb Terrain Park:
Meet @ Forlise – 10 am to head up the hill to the quarter pipe in the Blackcomb Terrain Park.
Registration @ Blackcomb Terrain Park
Sign up for the shred session on the quarter pipe. We will ski as a crew. A time to enjoy the beauty of the present moment and shred in honor of JP. Don’t forget to bring your helmet.
Freeski Trivia presented by Evo
El Furniture Warehouse
5 - 8pm:
Come one come all. Buy in individually or in teams to participate in the trivia night. Hosted by Micah Abrams (Former Editor for ESPN and Freeze Magazine, current Content Director of The Enthusiast Network).
Tickets: $30 - wssf.com
Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown
Time: Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
Location: Whistler Conference Centre w/ Official After-Party at The Firerock
Details: The Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown is an awe-inspiring celebration of the craft of action sports photography, bringing together some of the world’s best to share some of their all-time favourite images capturing sport, culture and the human spirit. Regarded by many as one of the preeminent action sports photography events in the world, over the years the Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown has seen some of the top action sport and lifestyle photographers in the game battle it out on stage, each vying for the title of Best in Show. 2018 will be no different, with four invited photographers, plus one wild card entry, bringing their best to the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and sharing their skill, devotion and unfailing passion.
Kokanee Freeride Club Series: Stacey PullenTickets: FREE
Time: Doors at 9 p.m.
Location: Moe Joe’s
Details: An innovator from the second wave of Detroit techno, Stacey Pullen will be bringing his characteristic atmosphere laden electronic sound to the WSSF lineup.
NEXT DAY -->
Live at the Festival
- The legendary Sylvain Saudan was in Whistler last week as athletes took to the course that bears his name for the f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 h
- One of our favourite piccies from the festival - when the sun started to set during the Snowboard Big Air and Olymp… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 h
- Last week over 90 snowboarders competed in the @MonsterEnergy Boarderstyle World Championship finals. We've got a r… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- Need a morning chuckle? Check out the @TwistedTea Slush Cup recap video on our FB/YouTube page - chuckles guarantee… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 19
- After the ski action wrapped up at the Big Air last Friday night it was over to @ATribeCalledRed who continued to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Apr 18