Girls Gettin' It Done: Monday Movie Night
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
Girls Gettin’ It Done: Monday Movie Night
Featuring The Little Things and Pretty Faces
Join us for Girls Gettin’ It Done: Monday Movie Night, and celebrate women in film and in sport. While The Little Things and Pretty Faces focus on snowboarding and skiing respectively, they also have their own unique message, and both guarantee to leave you feeling inspired. Whether you’re an athlete, a film buff or just an all-round fan of snow, you’ll want to be there to catch the show and meet the filmmakers!
The Little Things
By Darcy Turenne and Marie-France Roy
The Little Things is a snowboard movie project based on environmentally conscious riders who are inspirational through their riding, as well as their sustainable ways of living and thinking. The film is an initiative taken on by professional snowboarder Marie-France Roy and directed by Filmmaker Darcy Turenne in which all the riders are bringing to life the importance of protecting and living in balance with our environment.
100% of proceeds from the film will be donated to Protect Our Winters (POW) and The David Suzuki Foundation (DSF). The goal is to bring snowboarding one step ahead while inspiring positive change that will secure the same lifestyle and quality of life that we have for future generations.
Pretty Faces - The Story of a Skier Girl
From Unicorn Picnic Productions
Pretty faces is an all-female ski film featuring the best athletes from around the world in celebration of playing outside, pushing the sport of skiing and living up to our fullest potential as a supportive community. Inspired by the desire to offer young girls role models and inspiration to play outside, this film aims to capture all the girl stoke from the pioneers who have paved the way to the "never-evers" who will continue to define what it means to ski like a girl.
When: Monday, Apr 13, 2015
Time: Doors 7:00 PM, Show 7:30 PM
Ticket Price: CAD $15.00
Where: Whistler Conference Centre, Rainbow Theater, 4010 Whistler Way
Open to all ages. F&B will not be provided and is not allowed in the Rainbow Theater.
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14