Girls Gettin' It Done: Monday Movie Night
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
Girls Gettin’ It Done: Monday Movie Night
Featuring The Little Things and Pretty Faces
Join us for Girls Gettin’ It Done: Monday Movie Night, and celebrate women in film and in sport. While The Little Things and Pretty Faces focus on snowboarding and skiing respectively, they also have their own unique message, and both guarantee to leave you feeling inspired. Whether you’re an athlete, a film buff or just an all-round fan of snow, you’ll want to be there to catch the show and meet the filmmakers!
The Little Things
By Darcy Turenne and Marie-France Roy
The Little Things is a snowboard movie project based on environmentally conscious riders who are inspirational through their riding, as well as their sustainable ways of living and thinking. The film is an initiative taken on by professional snowboarder Marie-France Roy and directed by Filmmaker Darcy Turenne in which all the riders are bringing to life the importance of protecting and living in balance with our environment.
100% of proceeds from the film will be donated to Protect Our Winters (POW) and The David Suzuki Foundation (DSF). The goal is to bring snowboarding one step ahead while inspiring positive change that will secure the same lifestyle and quality of life that we have for future generations.
Pretty Faces - The Story of a Skier Girl
From Unicorn Picnic Productions
Pretty faces is an all-female ski film featuring the best athletes from around the world in celebration of playing outside, pushing the sport of skiing and living up to our fullest potential as a supportive community. Inspired by the desire to offer young girls role models and inspiration to play outside, this film aims to capture all the girl stoke from the pioneers who have paved the way to the "never-evers" who will continue to define what it means to ski like a girl.
When: Monday, Apr 13, 2015
Time: Doors 7:00 PM, Show 7:30 PM
Ticket Price: CAD $15.00
Where: Whistler Conference Centre, Rainbow Theater, 4010 Whistler Way
Open to all ages. F&B will not be provided and is not allowed in the Rainbow Theater.
Live at the Festival
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Feast on some big laughs at this years Comedy Kitchen! bit.ly/2fj9UP8 #LittleThingsWhistler #Cornucopia2017 ht… Oct 12
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Tickets are on sale for Whistler's epicurean festival of the Fall! bit.ly/1i8NRBa pic.twitter.com/GPsh9QETa7 Oct 06
- RT @Fidomobile: We had the best time @WSSF thanks to all these amazing Go Getters! #WSSF2017 #GoGetIt pic.twitter.com/zGc9L67JCG May 03
- This year's WSSF was definitely the best one yet! So we decided to compile a bunch of our favourite moments… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… Apr 20
- RT @GoWhistler: Just a few of our favourite @wssf Slush Cup moments... (There were so many!) Photo: @JustaJeskova #WSSF2017 https://t.co/07… Apr 18