Olympus 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
The creative playing field is leveled at Whistler’s annual OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown. Post-production trickery, exotic locations, superstar talent and big budget advantages are made irrelevant when filmmakers are tasked to shoot, edit and produce a 3-5 minute short film within 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. Relying purely on originality, craft, speed and endurance, the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown distills the art of film-making into its purest form – taking creative vision from concept to reality in record time in order for it to be enjoyed on the big screen by an audience of 1500+.
One winner, Best of Show, will be chosen by an expert panel of judges to reap the rewards this exposure will result in. Best of Show will also win over $10,000 in prizing.
BACK FOR THE 4th YEAR! OPPORTUNITY TO WIN AN EXTRA $5,000 FROM OLYMPUS
Olympus is offering an additional $5,000 bonus prize if the Best of Show film is shot exclusively with Olympus gear. Olympus will also offer the first 25 teams that express an interest the opportunity to borrow some of their top of the line cameras and lenses.
ARE YOU A FILMMAKER? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO PARTICIPATE.
Check out the 2014 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown Best of Show.
Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes? Click HERE to find out!
Presented by Twisted Tea
Where: Longhorn Saloon & Grill
When: Wednesday, April 15, after the show ~11pm-1am
Please note, the Olympus 72hr. Filmmaker Showdown is open to all ages. Some shows may include adult humour and a small amount of profanity. Please attend at your own discretion.
The Filmmaker 2nd Cuts Screening
April 15th / 12pm - 3pm / Whistler Conference Centre
Following the OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown, this Second Cuts Screening ensures that all completed films get their moment on the big screen, alongside a re-screening of the finalists and winner. Ultimate movie marathon meets wrap-party meets a celebration of the muses at Filmmaker Second Cuts.
Live at the Festival
- How to play #RollerDerby: ow.ly/JxVC5 - Watch and we'll see you at Silence of the Slams on April 11 ow.ly/JxVC6 0 h
- RT @WhistlerNight: Apr 11: @swollenmembers at Skier's Plaza wssf.com/Free-Outdoor-C… #wssf @wssf #Whistler #Nightlife pic.twitter.com/UnfhZHTOh8 2 h
- RT @whistlerlocals: #Free concert series- @WSSF Retro Kick-Off Party with Skiitour #WLmusic #Whistler ow.ly/KVDI7 http://t.co/Kk… 2 h
- 2007 NatGeo Adventurer of the Year, Julie Angus (@angusadventures), is telling stories at #MULTIPLICITY2015! Tix >> ow.ly/KaQrK 3 h
- The #WSSF opening party by @MonsterEnergy and @TheBearfoot is going to change everything. Get tickets now! ow.ly/JBN8T 5 h