Olympus 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown
Whistler BC • April 8-17, 2016
The creative playing field is leveled at Whistler’s annual OLYMPUS 72hr Filmmaker Showdown. Post-production trickery, exotic locations, superstar talent and big budget advantages are made irrelevant when filmmakers are tasked to shoot, edit and produce a 3-5 minute short film within 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. Relying purely on originality, craft, speed and endurance, the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown distills the art of film-making into its purest form – taking creative vision from concept to reality in record time in order for it to be enjoyed on the big screens by an audience of 1500+.
One winner, Best of Show, will be chosen by an expert panel of judges to reap the rewards this exposure will result in. Best of Show will also win over $10,000 in prizing.
BACK FOR THE 5th YEAR! OPPORTUNITY TO WIN AN EXTRA $5,000 FROM OLYMPUS
Olympus is offering an additional $5,000 bonus prize if the Best of Show film is shot exclusively with Olympus gear. Olympus will also offer the first 25 teams that express an interest the opportunity to borrow some of their top of the line cameras and lenses.
Check out the 2015 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown BEST OF SHOW.
Go BEHIND THE SCENES with last year's teams!
Time: Doors: 8:00 PM, Show: 9:00 PM
Hosted by: Feet Banks
Please note, the Olympus 72hr. Filmmaker Showdown is open to all ages. Some shows may include adult humour and a small amount of profanity. Please attend at your own discretion.
ARE YOU A FILMMAKER? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO PARTICIPATE.
Join this year's teams at the Official After-Party!
Where: Longhorn Saloon
When: Wednesday, April 13, after the show (~11pm) -1am
Live at the Festival
- Huge shout out to every single one of you who made it out to #WSSF2016. Now go catch up on sleep... You've earned it pic.twitter.com/ozfZKIoYkX Apr 18
- Well that went by fast? Another great year of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival done and gone! Thanks for partying with us! #WSSF2016 Apr 18
- The crowed called for an encore from @Fidomobile Outdoor Concert Series closer @timhicksmusic! Unreal performance. pic.twitter.com/t5cGEooWZS Apr 17
- The Plaza is packed with cowboy hats for heavy hitting country artist, @timhicksmusic! #FidoShreds #WSSF2016 pic.twitter.com/Wnaw3Dm6yN Apr 17
- We can't get enough of @timhicksmusic! Closing out #WSSF2016 with a bang. LIVE NOW! twitter.com/fidomobile/sta… Apr 17