State of the ART
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
World Ski and Snowboard Festival is all about the riding, the free concerts, the nightlife and for the discerning palate, the art. At State of the ART, all pillars of the WSSF come together to provide a platform for mountain town inspiration.
There are no rules and this is not a paint-inside-the-lines event. Sub-cultures and anti-movements are celebrated and portrayed in gritty and thought-provoking mediums. Invited artists come from far and wide to create a community of urban street and snow ingenuity, and push the boundaries of the State of the ART. There's no entry fee, and you can stroll around the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, immerse yourself in artistic talent, rub shoulders with the who's who of the creative world and even pick up a one-of-a-kind piece for yourself.
Gallery Opens: April 10, 2015 - April 19, 2015
2014 SOTA events included:
> Graffiti Battle – Live art celebration featuring digital graffiti competition.
> Sounds Good – Custom painted Skullcandy Crusher headphones decorated by SOTA artists. 100% of sales donated directly to Zero Ceiling.
> Wander with Purpose. TOMS teamed up with 4 local photographers who embarked on a unique journey through their own lens. Images were available by silent auction to support Zero Ceiling.
> State of the ART Youth Gallery – Art works from our up-and-coming local talent.
> Creation Station – Live artist every day.
> Take it home – the SOTA gallery sold original art or prints from the 50+ amazing artists featured.
> Shop from your sofa – the entire State of the ART online store will reopen April 2015!
If you have any questions...
Live at the Festival
- Win a FREE VIP experience to #WSSF from @Dosedotca: flight, $1000, gear, and much more. Enter before March 27 to win. ow.ly/HXZqQ 2 h
- Awesome! RT @BoxySM: Just registered for the @MonsterEnergy Shred Show at @wssf. First snowboard competition in a while!!! 3 h
- @getolympus Pro Photo lineup: Brian Gaberman, Lorenz Holder, @MF_Photography_, @ReubenKrabbe & Todd Glaser! ow.ly/K1MFb #WSSF 4 h
- #WSSF TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! Have you bought yours yet? ow.ly/JxX5h @GoWhistler @WhistlerBlckcmb #partyinapril #sleepinmay 19 h
- If u loved @Crazy8sFilm this past wknd, you'll love the @getolympus 72Hr Filmmaker Showdown April 15! ow.ly/JWfdk #wssf #film 21 h