State of the ART
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
World Ski and Snowboard Festival is all about the riding, the free concerts, the nightlife and for the discerning palate, the art. At State of the ART, all pillars of the WSSF come together to provide a platform for mountain town inspiration.
There are no rules and this is not a paint-inside-the-lines event. Sub-cultures and anti-movements are celebrated and portrayed in gritty and thought-provoking mediums. Invited artists come from far and wide to create a community of urban street and snow ingenuity, and push the boundaries of the State of the ART. There's no entry fee, and you can stroll around the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, immerse yourself in artistic talent, rub shoulders with the who's who of the creative world and even pick up a one-of-a-kind piece for yourself.
GRAND OPENING PARTY: FRIDAY APRIL 10TH, 8:00PM TO MIDNIGHT
The State of the Art gallery is open every day: Noon to 6pm from April 11, 2015 to April 19, 2015.
If you can't visit us in Whistler shop online at artstore.wssf.com - you don't have to miss out on this incredible collection!
Civil Disobedience Company
Claudia Bambi Bacon
David & Laura McColm
Kris Kupskay | KUPS
Leilani The Artist
the incredible amoeba
State of the ART Youth Gallery
Prior Snowboards + Skis
If you have any questions...
Live at the Festival
- The lovely ladies at Full Moon Film are Kick Starting for their latest project. Info here > kck.st/1OSgiWY pic.twitter.com/D9smo1PSDo Oct 26
- RT @mike_riddle: #tbt to a shot from the @wssf event in @whistlerblackcomb in 2008 #cork5nose #thegoodoldays #old 📷 by Christie-Images http… Oct 09
- @jesselupini That's the plan! Oct 09
- Tomorrow: the premiere of @WhistlerBlckcmb's 50 Years of Going Beyond > bit.ly/1P4CfBU | PC: Cliff Jennings pic.twitter.com/wb88lNfHAM Oct 09
- RT @ScottSerfas: Mark McMorris has a new film coming out this fall and the teaser is live now on redbull.com. I spent… https://… Sep 22