State of the ART
Whistler BC • April 7-16, 2017
April 7: 8pm
April 8 - 14: 12pm to 6pm
Gallery is open 8pm to late to ticket holders only during evening ticketed events
World Ski and Snowboard Festival is all about the riding, the free concerts, the nightlife and for the discerning palate, the art. At State of the ART, all pillars of the WSSF come together to provide a platform for mountain town inspiration.
There are no rules and this is not a paint-inside-the-lines event. Sub-cultures and anti-movements are celebrated and portrayed in gritty and thought-provoking mediums. Invited artists come from far and wide to create a community of urban street and snow ingenuity, and push the boundaries of the State of the ART. There's no entry fee, and you can stroll around the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, immerse yourself in artistic talent, rub shoulders with the who's who of the creative world and even pick up a one-of-a-kind piece for yourself.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS HAS NOW CLOSED.
If you have any questions...
Live at the Festival
- Artist @davepetko has been creating & exhibiting art for 26 years in Whistler. Watch him push the boundaries at… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 h
- Storytellers, Filmmakers, Visionaries: This competition is for U and only 2 WEEKS AWAY! Register your crew… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 h
- Gear-envy no more at #WSSF2017 's Demo park! bit.ly/2mVSVDe 16 h
- Mother's day, Father's day - When's our furry best friend's day? April 15th at the Whistler Dogfest! bit.ly/2nbRIJ6 #WSSF2017 17 h
- The ULTIMATE snow sports jump contest, @gibbonswhistler Style Session combined with @WhistlerBlckcmb Fire & Ice - A… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 h