Walk A Mile in Her Shoes
The International Men’s March to End Gender Violence
Sunday, April 12, 2015 Registration 3pm, Walk 4pm
Meet outside Mogul’s Café: 4208 Village Square
On Sunday April 12th join men in Whistler as they take a stand against violence against women. Register in advance or sign-up on the day. Prizes awarded for top pledge earners and most enthusiastic walker. Download Pledge Form HERE! All proceeds support the Whistler Women’s Centre. Download a Poster HERE for email or print and put one up in your area/workplace!
ON APRIL 12TH WHISTLER WILL WALK. ARE YOU READY TO WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES?
Men are encouraged to sign up to Walk in 3 ways:
1. In advance by printing and returning a paper registration form to the Women’s Centre: 1519 Spring Creek Drive.
2. In advance via our website www.hswc.ca/walkamile
3. On the day of, either by bringing their registration form and pledges collected, or as a new recruit who decides to walk with us last minute.
Click HERE for other suggestions!
Sea to Sky Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is an event to raise awareness about the issue of violence against women. Men of all ages will march a symbolic mile in women’s high heel shoes (that we provide) to raise funds in support of the Whistler Women’s Centre. Family and friends are encouraged to join in and march alongside in support of walkers in this fun, high-energy event. www.hswc.ca/walkamile
Walking in these shoes is uncomfortable, so is talking about violence. Men and their supporters are encouraged to gather pledges and bring awareness to the event as they prepare for the big day. Prizes awarded for top individual and team pledge earners, as well as the most enthusiastic walker.
We encourage business, community, sport and social groups to form teams and challenge others to ‘Walk the Walk.’ We ask participants to dress as they normally would (no women’s clothing please). Wearing work uniforms or athletic gear is strongly encouraged.
You can encourage friends and families living out of town to pledge by sending them to www.canadahelps.org Search: Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society, and be sure to record this amount on your pledge form.
Check out the fun...
Live at the Festival
- More people have walked on the moon than have been to some of the places that Jill Heinerth has explored. Jill's on… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Hold the phone. Marie-Pier Préfontaine, a specialist of the super-G and giant slalom, who competed in her second Ol… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- Put your hands up in the air if you want to be part of the team making WSSF happen. We're looking for volunteers wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 16
- A little birdie just told us that Olympian Simon d'Artois just signed up for the Saudan Couloir Ski Race Extreme! O… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 15
- Our Intersection teams will be shooting for the next seven days! Give them a high five if you see them, congrats to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… Mar 14