Walk A Mile in Her Shoes
The International Men’s March to End Gender Violence
Sunday, April 12, 2015 Registration 3pm, Walk 4pm
Meet outside Mogul’s Café: 4208 Village Square
On Sunday April 12th join men in Whistler as they take a stand against violence against women. Register in advance or sign-up on the day. Prizes awarded for top pledge earners and most enthusiastic walker. Download Pledge Form HERE! All proceeds support the Whistler Women’s Centre. Download a Poster HERE for email or print and put one up in your area/workplace!
ON APRIL 12TH WHISTLER WILL WALK. ARE YOU READY TO WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES?
Men are encouraged to sign up to Walk in 3 ways:
1. In advance by printing and returning a paper registration form to the Women’s Centre: 1519 Spring Creek Drive.
2. In advance via our website www.hswc.ca/walkamile
3. On the day of, either by bringing their registration form and pledges collected, or as a new recruit who decides to walk with us last minute.
Click HERE for other suggestions!
Sea to Sky Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is an event to raise awareness about the issue of violence against women. Men of all ages will march a symbolic mile in women’s high heel shoes (that we provide) to raise funds in support of the Whistler Women’s Centre. Family and friends are encouraged to join in and march alongside in support of walkers in this fun, high-energy event. www.hswc.ca/walkamile
Walking in these shoes is uncomfortable, so is talking about violence. Men and their supporters are encouraged to gather pledges and bring awareness to the event as they prepare for the big day. Prizes awarded for top individual and team pledge earners, as well as the most enthusiastic walker.
We encourage business, community, sport and social groups to form teams and challenge others to ‘Walk the Walk.’ We ask participants to dress as they normally would (no women’s clothing please). Wearing work uniforms or athletic gear is strongly encouraged.
You can encourage friends and families living out of town to pledge by sending them to www.canadahelps.org Search: Howe Sound Women’s Centre Society, and be sure to record this amount on your pledge form.
Check out the fun...
Live at the Festival
- RT @Fidomobile: We had the best time @WSSF thanks to all these amazing Go Getters! #WSSF2017 #GoGetIt pic.twitter.com/zGc9L67JCG May 03
- This year's WSSF was definitely the best one yet! So we decided to compile a bunch of our favourite moments… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… Apr 20
- RT @GoWhistler: Just a few of our favourite @wssf Slush Cup moments... (There were so many!) Photo: @JustaJeskova #WSSF2017 https://t.co/07… Apr 18
- RT @forecastski: Here's a recap of RK Films' win at #WSSFIntersection during @WSSF in @WhistlerBlckcmb -> bit.ly/2nVuxUp #WSSF2017… Apr 17
- RT @mercedesnicoll: Thank you everyone for another amazing HalfpipeFamJam! 🎉🏂⛷#halfpipefamjam pic.twitter.com/IsXk625ChU Apr 16