World Skiing Invitational | AFP World Tour Finals
Whistler BC • April 10-19, 2015
The World Ski and Snowboard Festival presents the Association of Freeskiing Professionals (AFP) World Tour Finals at the World Skiing Invitational - featuring Halfpipe, Slopestyle and Big Air.
Friday April 10 | Blackcomb Terrain Park
Slopestyle is a hugely integrated and technically challenging discipline, featuring jumps, rails, and features to challenge and intimidate even the best skiers in the world. With Slopestyle skiing having debuted successfully at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, its popularity is steadily growing. The WSI Slopestyle will be taking place in the Nintendo Terrain Park on Blackcomb Mountain. The line drops from above the gated entrance and uses the entire left side with a combo of huge jumps and mind-blowing features. The right-side jumps will be open to the public throughout the week with the exception of the days when the Slopestyle and Big Air events are on. On those days the right line will be open for spectators viewing the event.
Women: 1st Nikki Blackall | 2nd Anouk Purnelle | 3rd Cassie Sharpe
Men: 1st Evan McEachran | 2nd Bobby Brown | 3rd Jossi Wells
Gibbons Big Air
Saturday, April 11 | Blackcomb Terrain Park
This year the Gibbon’s Big Air will take place in the Nintendo Terrain Park on Blackcomb Mountain. The who’s who of the ski world will throw down in the park while spectators watch in awe from the sidelines. Be prepared to witness the mind-boggling raw talent of these ski superstars as they battle it out for the big money, the coveted title of Big Air Champion and the endless bragging rights of coming out on top at the World Ski & Snowboard Festival.
2014 Results: 1st Jesper Tjader | 2nd Bobby Brown | 3rd Vincent Gagnier
Halfpipe and Superhit
Sunday April 12 | Blackcomb Superpipe
Final day of the World Skiing Invitational / AFP World Tour Finals see the return of the Halfpipe competition and the crowd favourite, rider judged Superhit contest.
Events will be aired on ABC series, The World of X Games on April 25.
Detailed schedule, formats and selection criteria
ARE YOU AN ATHLETE? CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Live at the Festival
- Come to the grand opening party for @Skullcandy State of the Art on April 10. It's FREE and a great way to kick off #WSSF #StayLoud #Hookup 5 h
- The first show of the Whistler Comedy Showdown is on March 31, 2015. Get tickets now! #WSSF @BillsWhistler ow.ly/KsgQi 8 h
- The @GetOlympus 72 Hr Filmmaker Showdown 2nd Cuts is showing all of the 2015 entries. Get tickets now! #WSSF ow.ly/JBSnD 10 h
- Tomorrow is the last chance to win a VIP experience to #WSSF. Enter before March 27. Details >>> ow.ly/HYcgT @DoseDotCa 14 h
- NEW BLOG: Longwalkshortdock playing the #WSSF Outdoor Concert Series April 13! ow.ly/KNFKX #music #concerts #whistler @LWSD9999 Mar 25