Intersection Expression of Interest
$10,000 CASH IS UP FOR GRABS!
Friday, April 14, 2017
Whistler Conference Centre
Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
This is the ultimate event. Now in its seventh year, Intersection will once again see action sport filmmaking pushed to its limits.
Up to 8 spots are up for grabs, and the chosen crews will each put together a 5 - 7 minute ski/snowboard film, unique to this competition, that incorporates artistic vision and a whole lot of shredding. The challenge: teams only have 7 days to shoot, edit and produce the film. It must be shot within 100kms of Whistler, each film must contain 30 seconds of park footage and 30 seconds of WB in-bound terrain.
Teams will battle it out for the grand prize of $10,000. A 1500+ strong audience will pack the Whistler Conference Centre on Friday, April 14 eager to catch the showdown on the big screens and witness who will be crowned Best of Show. Films will be judged on both filmmaking and skiing/snowboarding ability. Each runner up crew will receive $1,000 for participating.
The competition (7 days of filming/shooting/editing) will take place Wednesday, March 22- Wednesday, March 29.
For more details and full Rules & Regulations, see below.
Please note: Intersection submissions will be shown exclusively to ticket holders and will not be released online by WSSF, unless approved by the crew, in sensitivity to the release dates of their other projects.
Continue the progression of this ground breaking creative vein of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and thrill the crowd with an unforgettable evening of athletic and artistic collaboration.
FILM CREWS! Please email Jaime Kerrigan: firstname.lastname@example.org with an Expression of Interest if you are considering participating in Intersection this year. To be eligible for consideration, Expressions of Interest must include: samples of previous film projects, crew name & short bio, crew logo and sample list of riders. Final teams will be officially announced by early March.
Jaime Kerrigan —Multimedia Events Producer
Watermark Communications Inc.
Live at the Festival
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Feast on some big laughs at this years Comedy Kitchen! bit.ly/2fj9UP8 #LittleThingsWhistler #Cornucopia2017 ht… Oct 12
- RT @CornucopiaWine: Tickets are on sale for Whistler's epicurean festival of the Fall! bit.ly/1i8NRBa pic.twitter.com/GPsh9QETa7 Oct 06
- RT @Fidomobile: We had the best time @WSSF thanks to all these amazing Go Getters! #WSSF2017 #GoGetIt pic.twitter.com/zGc9L67JCG May 03
- This year's WSSF was definitely the best one yet! So we decided to compile a bunch of our favourite moments… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… Apr 20
- RT @GoWhistler: Just a few of our favourite @wssf Slush Cup moments... (There were so many!) Photo: @JustaJeskova #WSSF2017 https://t.co/07… Apr 18