Intersection Expression of Interest
$10,000 CASH IS UP FOR GRABS!
Friday, April 14, 2017
Whistler Conference Centre
Doors: 8pm / Show: 9pm
This is the ultimate event. Now in its seventh year, Intersection will once again see action sport filmmaking pushed to its limits.
Up to 8 spots are up for grabs, and the chosen crews will each put together a 5 - 7 minute ski/snowboard film, unique to this competition, that incorporates artistic vision and a whole lot of shredding. The challenge: teams only have 7 days to shoot, edit and produce the film. It must be shot within 100kms of Whistler, each film must contain 30 seconds of park footage and 30 seconds of WB in-bound terrain.
Teams will battle it out for the grand prize of $10,000. A 1500+ strong audience will pack the Whistler Conference Centre on Friday, April 14 eager to catch the showdown on the big screens and witness who will be crowned Best of Show. Films will be judged on both filmmaking and skiing/snowboarding ability. Each runner up crew will receive $1,000 for participating.
The competition (7 days of filming/shooting/editing) will take place Wednesday, March 22- Wednesday, March 29.
For more details and full Rules & Regulations, see below.
Please note: Intersection submissions will be shown exclusively to ticket holders and will not be released online by WSSF, unless approved by the crew, in sensitivity to the release dates of their other projects.
Continue the progression of this ground breaking creative vein of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and thrill the crowd with an unforgettable evening of athletic and artistic collaboration.
FILM CREWS! Please email Jaime Kerrigan: email@example.com with an Expression of Interest if you are considering participating in Intersection this year. To be eligible for consideration, Expressions of Interest must include: samples of previous film projects, crew name & short bio, crew logo and sample list of riders. Final teams will be officially announced by early March.
Jaime Kerrigan —Multimedia Events Producer
Watermark Communications Inc.
Live at the Festival
- Artist @davepetko has been creating & exhibiting art for 26 years in Whistler. Watch him push the boundaries at… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 h
- Storytellers, Filmmakers, Visionaries: This competition is for U and only 2 WEEKS AWAY! Register your crew… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 h
- Gear-envy no more at #WSSF2017 's Demo park! bit.ly/2mVSVDe 16 h
- Mother's day, Father's day - When's our furry best friend's day? April 15th at the Whistler Dogfest! bit.ly/2nbRIJ6 #WSSF2017 17 h
- The ULTIMATE snow sports jump contest, @gibbonswhistler Style Session combined with @WhistlerBlckcmb Fire & Ice - A… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 h